Sunday, 26 June 2011
This is the theme for this month's St Lukes charity card challenge, I've used the Hobby Arts ' Fly Past' stamps with images of the Spitfire and Hurricane, and the verse which is part of a poem written by an American WW11 pilot, he penned the poem on an envelope to his mother, sadly he was killed a couple of months later.
Saturday, 25 June 2011
I'm still making cards that I don't need in a hurry instead of the one I do need!! I just bought these two Marianne dies for christmas so had to try them out and as one of the christmas challenges called for a pink card they were perfect to use.
I've used Nestie die cuts, a cuttlebug folder, marianne dies, spun sugar distress ink and printed off a papermania snowflake backing sheet, nearly forgot the bling and glitter!!
I'm entering the card into - Christmas blog challenge, abc christmas challenge, Crafty Hazelnuts christmas challenge.
Thursday, 23 June 2011
Monday, 20 June 2011
Back home after a week in Yorkshire with both good and bad weather, the really good day we chose to go to Whitby, a favourite place of mine, we actually climbed the 199 steps (so I'm told) up to the church and abbey. ( a family story is that my Aunt marched her ATS platoon up those steps during the war after an evening spent in a local hostelry). I took my promarkers and some stamped images to work on in the evenings but only completed about five pieces as I was reading my latest Terry Pratchett for most of the week plus the odd craft magazine. The card here is a LOTV image called 'All Wrapped up', I think she is so lovely and just had to get her, I was not sure about adding the flowers to a christmas image but I do like the final result, a bit of glitter gives that christmassy feel it think.
I am entering this card into two challenges....
Christmas In June
Thursday, 9 June 2011
I had a lovely afternoon yesterday with a small group of friends stamping as we nattered!! lots of laughs as well.My end result is this 'altered' notebook, I used the shaving brush method with distress inks to lay down the colour then added little images to build up the scene, not a perfect result but not bad, those seagulls and grasses are really useful for covering thoses odd blobs that appear from nowhere!!
Wednesday, 8 June 2011
I had to try this project once I got the template, it's easy to put together and decorate,The flowers and butterfly are from a creative expressions stamp set and the sentiment is from Hobby Arts. I filled the little drawer with note paper so it's a card/gift then I decided it would be great in it's own box - disaster, so far I have one lid and two bases and a pile of card cut to all the wrong sizes, the lid's fine and that's it folks, I'm useless at working out the right size to make the boxes if they are outside the normal - see I just don't do numbers very well at all and even tho' I have a board for making boxes (two actually) they are only as good as my numbers, and they obviously are not good, oh well i'll just keep trying - trouble is I could run out of card before I get it right!!
Monday, 6 June 2011
I got up this morning knowing exactly what I was going to do for the LIM challenge this week, the theme is monochrome, needless to say it wouldn't work so this is plan B, crazy when last week my card came together without thinking,in fact I wasn't even making the challenge card at the time. Anyway I'm happy with this which must be 'shades of sepia' using sepia versafine, watercolours , matching cardstock and a lovely sentiment from Hobby Arts.
Saturday, 4 June 2011
Thursday, 2 June 2011
As I was making up my watercolour scenes into cards I realised that the last one I had put together would be just right for the LIM challenge this week, the recipe was to pick a square and I had put the small matted and layered picture into the centre of my card after using a nestie to emboss the actual base card.This has to be the first week that I haven't struggled to come up with a challenge card - in fact I didn't even realise I'd done it until later.
Wednesday, 1 June 2011
I took my water colour kit and stamped out bits to take with me to work on this last weekend while we were away in the caravan, just in case the weather actually was as bad as they promised - it wasn't too bad but I still found time to colour. I had bought the Hobby Arts 'scene it' stamps some time ago and not really used them, same with the watercolour paints and pencils. I am wary of building a scene with the stamps in case I get the things out of perspective but I think I got this one ok and am pleased with the final card.
I'm still having trouble commenting on some blogs but Jan has just told me a possible way to sort it so I'm keeping everything crossed it works!!