Sunday 10 January 2010

Not so Winter Wonderland

Back home from a week in a snowy Southport and a weekend digging out at my Aunts, our car was covered with a foot of snow ,in my Aunt's drive, while we were away and her village is pretty snow bound so............. we brought her back to Leicester as I can't trust her (at the age of 90) to stay in the house and not 'go down the street' as she calls her daily trips into the village, I have to say she is not very impressed with our decision but hopefully it is the safest one for her, she seems not to have any concept of there being a problem or even danger to her. No pictures today as have to get back into work mode - soon I hope.

6 comments:

Heather said...

I think you did the right thing Maureen - the footpaths and pavements are treacherous. It would make so much trouble all round if your aunt fell and injured herself. I haven't dared go out myself for that reason. It can't last much longer. What is the poem - 'If winter comes, can spring be far behind?' Hold on to that thought and keep warm and safe.

June said...

Yep totally agree its been horrendous everywhere and it would be unsafe to be going out in it even where its milder than that
hugs June xxx

Jan said...

LOL Maureen! Aunt Rose is in the best place and I'm sure she knows it, even if she wont admit to it! Lovely to have you back home safe and soundx

Doreen G said...

You just get back as I am heading off for 5 days only we are going to the beach.
You are a good niece Maureen and your aunt is lucky to have you enev thou you have ruined her plans to go toboganing down the slopes.

Doreen G said...

Oops that should say --even--not --enev---all this heat is making my brains mushy.

Jackie said...

I went out today and had to come back and change my shoes for more grippy ones. The pavements were like a sheet of glass. It really is as well your aunt 'gave in'