Wednesday 17 June 2009

90 years Young!



We have just returned from celebrating my Aunt's 90th birthday in Yorkshire, altho' to be precise the area is called Cleveland, but to all of us born there it's Yorkshire!! She enjoyed her day yesterday, we took her over the moors towards Whitby and had a lovely lunch in a country pub, then to Runswick Bay where we took a slow walk down to the sea on a very steep path, she did really well and we took pity on her and her other neice's OH fetched the car down for her to go back up, we finished the day off with coffee and chocolate cake in a garden centre overlooking Whitby abbey. I've posted a couple of pics of her, one with her 90th cards - I can't believe she is that age - hope it runs in the genes!!

10 comments:

Heather said...

Your aunt is amazing - she looks 20 years younger. Glad she had such a nice birthday and here's to the next one.

Viv said...

flippin eck!!!! Great pics! And Happy Birthday to Aunt Rose!
(I'd have needed the car BOTH ways......LOL)

Nicks said...

ecky thump she looks younger than me!

Jan said...

Fantastic photos - she looks amazing! How lovely to visit Whitby as well - somewhere I would love to go back to!

Jackie said...

She's amazing!

Lynn said...

Hi Maureen :) Cleveland is where I am from or it used to be Cleveland like you said, they keep changing things. I used to go to Runswick Bay and I was at Whitby last September to show my husband, he loved it.
Your aunt sure is doing good for her age, I can't imagine being that old LOL, sorry Aunty, you probably have more energy in you than I do myself and I am only 50 LOL

Doreen G said...

Gosh Maureen she looks fantastic--I hope to look that good when I'm 70(next year)--I'm not even thinking about 90.

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello Maureen, Your aunt is fantastic looking for her age and I loved her smile. I reckon we all wish we had the youthful genes running in our families. Loved the photo of the ocean too. Hugs Judy

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello Maureen, Your aunt is fantastic looking for her age and I loved her smile. I reckon we all wish we had the youthful genes running in our families. Loved the photo of the ocean too. Hugs Judy

SANDERELLA said...

What nice photos Maureen!! She looks so sweet in these shots!