Tuesday 10 February 2009

ABAA Challenge


I was inspired by seeing that Jan had entered a 'Milagros' heart for the ABAA challenge and thought I would like to have a go as it was something very different, but what to use?, then I opened a little drawer and found some silver wire hearts that i had bought last year so I coloured one with alcohol inks and mounted it on gold card, then I found a (hopefully) suitable picture put it on to mount board and triple embossed it, added a gem heart and fixed it to the backing. Milagros are small religiuos charms that are found in Mexico and Peru, the word Milagros means Miracle.

8 comments:

Jan said...

I have totally fallen in love with this Maureen. Totally!! You have no need to be worried. It will receive much acclaim, believe me!

Heather said...

I love the seascape piece - what a bind having to do it all again, but very worthwhile. The little heart charm is perfect and definitely has a Mexican feel to it.

Jendy said...

Your heart is fantastic! And yes, your image is appropriate! Right on point, if you ask me. It's beautiful!

June said...

How absolutely beautiful. Your work is so vibrant and beautiful
Hugs June xxxx

Ange J Lee said...

I love this heart charm....no need to be worried...it's spot on!
Ange x

Viv said...

Think this is just lovely Maureen and the image is so RIGHT for the piece. Gorgeous work.

Linda Vincent said...

I love this Maureen...you have done a great job! The image in the centre is so beautiful. Thank you for joining in our challenge.
Linda :-)
ABAA

Rosemary said...

What a beautiful piece! You did a marvelous take on this challenge. Wow!