Saturday 21 January 2012

Gift bag with a difference..............


I was inspired to make this gift bag by some that I've seen on the blogs over the christmas period, they were made completely of paper and collaged but I decided to make a fabric bag and recycled an old 'antimacassar, or chair back to put it simply.
Quite a few rough edges and uneven lines , I think It works, but I don't think my Mum would approve if she was still with us and some years back neither would I but now I love the shabby vintage effect.

8 comments:

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello Maureen, Yup I love that shabby chic look. This creation is lovely. Hugs judy from Wintery Michigan

McCrafty's Cards said...

Wow Maureen it is beautiful, perfect shabby chic!
Kevin xx

Viv said...

Scrummny, yummy!!!! xxx

Heather said...

So pretty and what a great way to recycle those lovely but out of date household textiles we still have lurking at the back of drawers and cupboards.

Unknown said...

me too this is fabby would love it and what a clever idea hugs sassy

Connie said...

So glad to see you back stitching Maureen - yes, shabby chic is quite different to your style a few years ago, but it's equally successful! Connie.

Jan said...

AT LAST!!!! Hanging threads and rough edges...... PERFECT!! xx

Sherry said...

That is gorgeous Maureen!