Monday 20 June 2011

All Wrapped Up!


Back home after a week in Yorkshire with both good and bad weather, the really good day we chose to go to Whitby, a favourite place of mine, we actually climbed the 199 steps (so I'm told) up to the church and abbey. ( a family story is that my Aunt marched her ATS platoon up those steps during the war after an evening spent in a local hostelry). I took my promarkers and some stamped images to work on in the evenings but only completed about five pieces as I was reading my latest Terry Pratchett for most of the week plus the odd craft magazine. The card here is a LOTV image called 'All Wrapped up', I think she is so lovely and just had to get her, I was not sure about adding the flowers to a christmas image but I do like the final result, a bit of glitter gives that christmassy feel it think.
I am entering this card into two challenges....
Christmas Flowers
Christmas In June

7 comments:

Jan said...

She is GORGEOUS! The snowflake framework is lovely too and the dark roses and hint of frosting finish it off beautifully.

Heather said...

I can't think about Christmas yet Maureen - I'm still waiting for summer! It makes sense to make cards throughout the year and avoid a last minute panic, and this is a lovely card. Whitby is a place I always hope to see one day
but there are too many to fit them all in.

Linda said...

Hi Maureen I love your card and I think the flowers frame your image beautifully. Thank you for joining us this week at Winter Wonderland love Linda

bettieboop1uk said...

welcome back to sunny leicestershire! Christams already! Eeeeeek! lovely card, and very organised of you!

Ann Whitfield said...

This is gorgeous Maureen and I think the flowers finish it off beautifully. Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x

Janet said...

Another beautiful card Maureen yeah Christmas I was just thinking need to make a start. Love the flowers such a rich colour they go lovely with the image.

Carol said...

She's gorgeous and the flowers look perfect. Thanks for joining us at CACB this time and I hope we see you again soon. Carol DT x