Monday 1 February 2010

So Embarrased or 'you have to laugh (I think!)'


Yes I know you have seen this birthday card before but the story is - When I opened a large brown envelope this morning and found this card my mind went - well I don't know as I had sent the card early in january to my friend's husband and here it was back again,( he didn't like it, I thought, because it's black ) there was a card with it thanking me for the 'reusable' birthday card??? I opened it and all was clear as was the insert - not a word had I written inside it. They said they had a good laugh especially as the next card he opened said 'get well soon', the explanation for that was the senders were snowed in and couldn't get to the shops so they struggled to the post box with the only card they had in the house!

8 comments:

Heather said...

It happens to us all Maureen. I had two identical Christmas cards from a friend, except that the second one was blank. So I have a re-usable Christmas card.

Viv said...

Oh dear another senior moment...... but he is such a cute little owlie... and I'm sure he hasn't minded flying back and forth!

Jan said...

Oh dear... is there any hope left?!!

Deborah said...

Or was it just a cunning ploy on your behalf, Maureen? LOL Great card btw.

Doreen G said...

I have a reuseable birthday card for my husband.
I made him a lovely card one year and he loved it and commented that he would love a card like this each year-so I took him at his word and I just add a new insert each year.
He always comments that it is his favourite and I still think he doesn't know that it is the same card.

Robin Mac said...

What a giggle - now you will be able to do what Doreen does, that made me laugh too. Cheers, Robin

Nicks said...

LOL....I have a card like that from Mrs Sparkles!

konnykards .. Musings of a Senior Citizen said...

Oh Maureen, you'll be as bad as me soon if you're not careful!
Like Doreen, except it's at Christmas, I put the same card on the shelf for John, year in, year out - it's the thought that counts! Connie.