Monday 8 February 2010

Wool Postcard


I saw that one of the february Swap Bot fabric postcard swap themes was Wool - as usual my inner voice said 'I can do that' so I have - the background is machine felted with a mixture of wool tops as are the flower and leaves I then, with great trepidation, lowered the feed dogs on my machine and added some free machine stitching (or embroidery) hopefully this will soon improve as next week I start a F M embroidery on line course - should be interesting.

5 comments:

Doreen G said...

Great card Maureen and I will be watching your progress with the ME class--you can do it.

Jan said...

Of course you can do it! This is lovely. Gorgeous colours. Well done for lowering your feed dogs too......... how brave is that! The result is well worthwhile!

Viv said...

LOWER THE FEED DOGS???????????Whatever THAT is, it sounds nasty!!!! LOL
Love the colours of this piece Maureen!

Heather said...

Well done Maureen for stepping outside your comfort zone. You'll be fine on the free machine course - your postcard is excellent and I love it.

WendyK said...

Gorgeous colours. My have you been busy, all your things are lovely