Tuesday 14 October 2008

Back Home Again!





Well back for another round of reality, hopefully by the end of this week my Mum will be settled into her new 'home' so it will be a busy week get all her 'things' sorted out, I just hope all goes smoothly (please!!) We had a long weekend outside London and visited the Knitting and Stitching show at Alexander Palace, a great show and I met Dale Rollerson ,who I did the online Embellisher course with, and of course bought some lovely goodies from her. I haven't actually unpacked my purchases yet!!! The photo's I have posted here are of the wonderful 'Hyperbolic Coral Reef' that is being 'built' in crochet by people from all walks of life in the UK. The idea originated in the US and this project is to highlight the plight of the coral reefs from global warming and pollution. My contribution can be seen on the small photo, the sticky out bit underneath the fluffy pom pom piece.

10 comments:

Genie said...

Hi maureen
Glad you had a fun time,
Hope all goes well with your Mum this week, Take care

konnykards .. Musings of a Senior Citizen said...

Oh! I posted a comment earlier and it's disappeared (I probably didn't click properly - not unknown!!)
Anyway it was saying hope all goes smoothly this week. I love the coral reef and would like to have been there too! Coonie.

Viv said...

Flippin eck...for one minute I thought this was what you'd BOUGHT!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL Am waiting (impatiently) to see the goodies! x

WendyK said...

I thought the same as Viv, gosh where will she put all of that.
It looks a bit like one of my jackets, doesn't it. Pleased you had a good time.

artisbliss said...

Looks like a wonderful time at the knitting & stitching. I hope your mother is getting along well. Changes can be difficult.

Bethel of Bethania said...

G'day Maureen,
Great to see you had a great day out ... I love that coral reef - I've not heard about it before - we here in Oz should be doing something like this what with our beautiful reef under threat as well. Hope you enjoyed meeting our Dale - not that I know her that well but have meet her a few times & find her a hoot. Thanks for popping on over to my place & all the best of luck - I'm like you not that lucky but hey ya gotta be in it to win it eh! OOroo ... Bethel

Jackie said...

I hope your Mum settles. Its the best thing for all of you.
Love
x

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello Maureen, This is a fantastic piece of art. Thanks sooo much for sharing the photos with us. I had no idea something like this was being created. Hugs Judy

Heather said...

I know how you are feeling with regard to your Mum - mine went into a home 2 years ago and is very well looked after. The other residents are lovely people. The crocheted coral reef is an amazing effort and a lovely riot of colour and texture. What a super project to have been involved in.

Cat said...

How neat is that!!!